Piney Point Village
Piney Point Village’s origins begin in the early 1820s with surveyor John D. Taylor, whose maps provided the basis for conveying the property to the “Father of Texas,” Stephen F. Austin.
Some families built weekend homes in the area, but people didn’t start settling in the area in great numbers until Memorial Drive became a major thoroughfare in the 1950s. Residents joined together in 1954 to incorporate the City of Piney Point Village, and the area has continued to be its own wooded treasure ever since.
The village permits only single-family homes on a minimum lot size of 40,000 square feet, but smaller lots are grandfathered. Piney Point Village’s thickly forested properties, expansive lots and winding country roads make it one of top residential areas anywhere in Texas.